Skip To Main Content

Online registration



Check my student's enrollment area

Begin online registration process

Must-Have Documents Checklist:

  • Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity *
  • Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name, and a secondary document such as a current utility bill or a current tax bill or receipt
  • Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate **
  • Proof of child's recent preventative healthcare exam **
  • Proof of a dental exam (due by Jan. 1)
  • Proof of an eye exam (due by Jan. 1)
  • Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable

* FCPS must receive a legal copy of the child's birth certificate or another official document proving the child's identity and date of birth. The following are acceptable alternatives: 

  • Adoption records;
  • Valid passport or other federal government identification;
  • Military identification or immigration card;
  • Valid Kentucky driver's license or permit;
  • Prior school records (other than FCPS) identifying the student by name and date of birth; or
  • Statement: "At this time, I am unable to provide the school with one of the acceptable forms of proof listed above. I understand that this constitutes a written notice that Kentucky state law requires that I provide the certified birth certificate or one of the above-listed items to the school within 30 days of student enrollment."

You can get a birth-certificate application from the assigned school or from the Fayette County Health Department, 650 Newtown Pike; call (859) 252-2371.

** You may register without these two documents, but your child may not attend school until the immunization certificate is on file with FCPS.

Medical Details:

If possible, please complete all medical paperwork before the first day of school. (See "Forms" below.) For instance, our Child Nutrition Department needs to know about any food allergies, and Health Services needs to know if your child has a medical condition or requires special accommodations.


Other necessary documents

Health requirements for school